One of our most popular radios, the 15X is a great (non-digital) trunking scanner that can be used as a base or mobile. Includes loads of terrific features (details below) including unique GPS operation. Contains pre-programmed Highway Patrol frequencies and trunking for non-digital systems. Order the scanner alone or build your own package with discounted accessories and HomeTown Programming.
- TrunkTracker III -- tracks the following trunked systems:
- Motorola Type I 800
- Motorola Type II 800, 900, UHF, VHF (including rebanded 800 MHz systems)
- EDACS Wide (standard), Narrow, SCAT (including systems that use an EDACS System Key)
- BearTracker warning system
- Location-Based scanning automatically selects programmed systems based on your location when connected to a compatible GPS receiver.
- Temporary lockout automatically unlocks channels when you cycle power.
- Startup Configurations let you automatically lock out or unlock systems on power up to quickly configure the scanner for a different area or application.
- Alert Plus mode -- silences the scanner except for channels that have assigned alerts.
- Channel Number Tagging -- lets you quickly select a channel.
- State-by-State Preprogrammed Channels - let you easily keep up with activity on local police, Department of Transportation, and Highway Patrol frequencies when you travel, without having to program any channels.
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- Fire Tone-Out Search -- determines the tones received for easy tone-out programming.
- Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Channel Volume Offset
- Band Scope
- Search with Scan
- Frequency/ID AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system or store talk group IDs into a trunked system
- 16 character text tagging for each system, site, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, GPS location, tone-out, and SAME group
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Quick Search
- Service Search - lets you select from Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, Citizens Band Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, FM Broadcast, Military Air, and Special (Itinerant)
- Custom Search - lets you program up to 10 search ranges
- 500 (250 Temporary + 250 Permanent) Search Lockouts
- SAME Weather Alert
- Weather Priority
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Priority ID on trunked systems
- PreemptivePriority on Motorola analog systems
- Signal Strength display
- Trunking Activity Indicators
- Adjustable scan delay
- Negative Channel Dropout Delay (Forced Resume)
- Adjustable Hold (scan duration 0-255 sec) per system, custom or service search
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeable firmware
- Channel Alert
- Independent Alert Tone Volume - lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Repeater Reverse
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc)
- Quick Recall - quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- DIN-E and ISO Vehicle Mountable (DIN-E sleeve not included optional)
- Reversible Display - Lets you reverse the display to mount unit upside down (and hear the speaker from the top)
- Record Out - you can connect an output jack to a VOX controlled recorder or PC sound input to record the received audio.
- Duplicate Channel Alert
- PC Programming and Control
- Wired Cloning
- Power requirements: 11.0V to 16.6V DC
Antenna Connector: BNC
Included in the Box
AD-1009 AC Adapter
Cigarette Lighter Adapter Power Cord
Mounting Bracket and Hardware
Telescopic Antenna with BNC
PC Serial Cable 4'
CD ROM with Owner's Manual
Misc Printed Literature